free website stats program Snapon Harley fuel tank locking ring tool | Harley Davidson Forums

Snapon Harley fuel tank locking ring tool

ironmark

Snapon makes a "Harley fuel tank locking ring tool", Snapon stock#HFTLRT at a cost of $45.40 with free shipping. The Snapon tool is made of ABS plastic so it will not scratch the paint if the tool slips. All the other lock ring removal tools I looked at started at $80 and went up in price from there and the tools were made of metal which could scratch the paint if the tool slips. You can see the tool on the Snapon web site by entering the stock #.

Is this for the EFI fitting ? Anyhow thanks for posting, never can tell when I might need something like this.

Is this for the EFI fitting ? Anyhow thanks for posting, never can tell when I might need something like this.

No! This tool is for the Fuel Tank locking ring that secures the fuel pump housing into the gas tank. This tool is needed to remove and install the fuel pump so you can service the fuel filter/fuel pump/fuel sending unit. The metal tool from Georges speciality tools is $79.95 and it is $139 in the drag specilties book.

No! This tool is for the Fuel Tank locking ring that secures the fuel pump housing into the gas tank. This tool is needed to remove and install the fuel pump so you can service the fuel filter/fuel pump/fuel sending unit. The metal tool from Georges speciality tools is $79.95 and it is $139 in the drag specilties book.

Oooh yea now I know what you're talkin about. I'm gonna check out SNAP ON now. Don't have the money right now to buy it but gonna record the link. Thanks man.

Yep here is the link.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?search=true&item_ID=90482&PartNo=HFTLRT&group_id=17500&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all

Heres some of my home made tools, some of them with the help of Glider.harley pictures 2.jpg

harley pictures 4.jpg

harley pictures 5.jpg

Attachments

• harley pictures.jpg
    harley pictures.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Thanks guy, I think I get the jest of what you did even though I can't seem to get the pic to zoom very big.

Back