free website stats program Smart Siren II | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Smart Siren II

Sounds like the siren is in transport mode. Its different from audital alarm. When in transport mode the alarm will not chirp. .

Hard to believe that would be the case. There are just too many steps to put it in transport mode. I doubt he went from ignition ON to ACC, then within 5 seconds he pressed both turn signals IN until he saw 1 flash then removed key and waited for a 3 flash sequence,, Along with having the engine Kill switch in the OFF position.

...............I think I missed the "turn the ignition on" part.......at least I don't remember doing that................I wonder if that's why the thing kept screaming.

I'm all for security but there had ot to be a way of turning "that thing off!", I was running around my garage like a chicken with my head cut off with that screaming modul in my hand wondering what I should do.

Hopefully you can smile about it now - the image of someone running around with a siren screaming brought a smile to my face :) I'm laughing with ya not at ya :D

Hopefully you can smile about it now - the image of someone running around with a siren screaming brought a smile to my face :) I'm laughing with ya not at ya :D
I can only imagin what I looked like, you'd have laughed harder if you had seen the shocked look on my face, and the un printable words I was yelling when I had the screaming module in my hand. I thought "WHAT? The da-- thing's unplugged ?, why dosen't it shut up? What should I do?, I can't take much of this!, pretty soon my wifes gonna come out and tell me off, then my neighbors gonna come over, they got a new baby, might wake the baby up........oh God, what should I do???.........maybe if I shove it under these rags it won't be so loud, I should'a asked the HD forum BEFORE I tried to do this. Man your stupid!, but the things unplugged??, shut up!.....SHUT THE (EDIT)UP!??"

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
GroundHawg said what was going on here while reading your post Bill...you have my sympathy and glad you figured it out...sleeves rolled up, hair on fire with a mission...!

BTW if the battery was nickel-metal-hydride battery it will last a long time and handle the deep discharge well...so no harm, no foul. Now you know a lot more about the SmartSirenII then just the "Plug & Play Installation"...:s

Back