free website stats program Sluggish Throttle Response | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sluggish Throttle Response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has your friend added an aftermarket fueler of some sort? I would assume he has. A stock Harley with stage 1 is going to run hot. If you have the money add a Thunder Max and an oil cooler. That will drop the temps. You can see your AFR with the Thunder Max and not with the TFI. TFI is all you need with your mods.

Actually, no, my friend doesn't have any fuelers. All he has is the same exhaust as mine but no intake changes. Pure stock 2005 Fatboy with the 88 engine. My friend mentioned he thinks the larger 96 engine just runs hotter than his due to the nature of the "beast".

I will not add any fuelers. Did it as indicated above. No more unless a really good one comes along that can give digital readings like A/F ratios.

That means nothing. You still can have historical codes. You must manually check. (best way)

I will check manually for any codes but I am certain there aren't any.

But hey, you never know!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend mentioned he thinks the larger 96 engine just runs hotter than his due to the nature of the "beast".

Your friend is 100% correct. The "96" can not be compared to an "88". He has it made in the shade as far as the heat topic goes. But he has his own set of "other problems" that we don't have. :)

A 2005 pre-O2 sensor "88" with cable pull throttle & Rineharts is not even close to a "96" post-O2 sensor, throttle by wire, with Rineharts.

Your friend is 100% correct. The "96" can not be compared to an "88" as far as heat goes. He has it made in the shade as far as the heat topic goes. But he has his own other problems that we don't have. :)

A 2005 pre-O2 sensor "88" with cable pull throttle & Rineharts is not even close to a "96" post-O2 sensor, throttle by wire, with Rineharts.

Hoople,

My ride has cable pull/push throttle with V&H Big Shot Staggered and so does my friend.

What other problems does my friend's 2005 "88" have or should have? He hasn't had a single issue with his bike from day one. Probably because he never messes around with the engine. All stock except for the pipes.

Hoople,

My ride has cable pull/push throttle with V&H Big Shot Staggered and so does my friend.

Oops, I thought you were Touring. Yes, Softail are cable pull.

Don't the "88"' engines have tensioner issues? (pre-hydraulic I think)
I am also pretty sure he is a single phase charging system (something I would not want to be). Also don't the 88's also have 8* injector spray patterns.

I know the 2006 Dyna had it's share of problems also (exploding rotors). I would love to have the heat of the 88 but the refined features of the late 96. But then again we (or at least I) have the doggy press fitted crank. Your friend may have escaped that issue.

I was getting your thread mixed up with the "Rinehart Popping" thread. The OP mentioned he had seen other setups not pop.

I have the Casey Anthony trial on and I can't focus..:)

While all else fails, hit the entabulator button

Hey Hoople..... what do I do when the entabulator button fails??? :newsmile08:

It appears that everyone here is off topic (again).

I still have no answers to what to look for to resolve my hot engine issue. Someone mentioned looking at the Nightrider Xieds for my bike. Will this resolve the problem? I will expect a thousand different opinions to this question. UGH!

It appears that everyone here is off topic (again).

It seems that YOU are the one that is "off topic" here. When opinions are posted what to look for to solve your problem, you post that you tried that already.

If you want any opinions on what to look for that may help you , supply ALL the information on what you have done so far and you may get something to work with.

Attitudes will get you no place on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back