free website stats program Slip ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip ons

I have the V&H Straight Shots on an '08 and they were just what I was looking for. Stock length staggered pipes with a louder but mellow sound. I used the V&H fuel pak, did all the work myself and gained about 2.5 MPG. I didn't notice too much power change but it will feel a little different with the reduced back preasure.

Thanks for the tip, I will probably go with these ones, did you really had to install the fuel pack?

I have Chrome Works HP Plus slip-ons. They look exactly like stock if you get the tapered ones. They are slightly smaller in diameter. They are nicely finished, sound really good (deep and throaty, not rediculously loud and you can feel a performance gain) and you do not need to fuss with the fuel injection with a late model with the sniffers in the headers. I also have a Ness big sucker air filter kit. That works fine with no fuel injection modifications either.

+1 for Khrome Werks.

I had the Rush 2.0 and they sounded good but I wasn't happy with the chrome.

Now have the KW and am much happier with the finish and the sound. Deeper than the Rush were.

Got mine from hdpipes.com

Good day to all, i want to buy slip ons for my 08 Heritage, but with so many choice on the market, what would be the best, I want something that look like the stock pipes, but could be a little different, doesn't matter. I check V&H straight shot, but there a lot more and i want to get something that I will not have to replace because I don't like the sound or are poor quality, any idea anybody, thanks

Barnak

I got a buddy that took his stock slipons and punched a hole thru the muffler and it sound real good, not to loud but when the gas is added it opens up. Just make sure the hole is big enough.

You can probably take a 3/4" hole saw and make an extension to lengthen it and put it into a hand drill and de-baffle your mufflers. I did this to a set of 97 mufflers and was sorry after. I want to add a warning to this though. The stock mufflers retail for $410.00 each. A set of Krome Werks slip ons are around $275.00 a pair. If you hole out the stockers, you had better hope that you will never need them again such as if you are ticketed and need to have the motorcycle inspected by the motor vehicle department.

I have Basani on the StreetGlide and Rush on the Bones. Like them both. The Bones is louder but not obnoxious.

I had SE II slip ons on my bike for a couple of years before I went to V&H bigshots this past spring...the SE II's had a great sound to them not too loud but loud enough.......sorry for the bad photo...but it's the best I have of the bike with the slip ons....

1025-2515817662008.jpg

Back