free website stats program slip on mufflers | Harley Davidson Forums

slip on mufflers

williamg731

I have a 2007 heritage softail classic flstc with fuel injection if i put rush slip on mufflers do i have to have it remapped or put a pc III on it. some say as long as i stay with the 1.75 baffle i will be ok to do no mods. could it hurt the engine if i do no mods.

I have 2" Rush on my 07 NT and over 3000 miles and NO problems. The dealer said NO mods were needed. He installed them and as you know, dealer's love to sell stage updates for big $$$$.
I have seen guys with complete exhaust systems changed (example - V&H) and said they run fine with no mods.
I think you are safe with up to 2" Rush slip ons with no ecm mods. If you change your A/C than mods to the ecm become necessary. So I have been told. Just my $.02

With the 1.75 baffle, you can squeak by but will still be lean. It will run better with some fuel management.

Bikes are comming out of the factory leaned out already to make the EPA standards. I have sampson turn-out slip ons, and it was real lean after I put them on. So my choice was easy, burn a valve? or fuel management. I say if it is going to worry you, spend the money now, get a good intake and fuel management system, or worry about a top-end rebuild later. Have fun and ride safe.

Back