free website stats program Slick floorboards | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slick floorboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve, I would gladly do that but Im not sure yours would fit. The HD store looked up in the book and they had plenty of OEM inserts for others but NONE for 2001 Heritage??? He did say he could order them for about $20 so I guess I will be doing that.

Thank you Steve so much for your generosity!!! The whole world needs more people like you!

Thanks to everyone here for all the great feedback. Man I like this place and the good folks here!!!:):):)

Bill

Bill, it just doesnt get any better than this:s

Quick follow-up just to "CLOSE" the thread - I guess. I purchased two new rubber OEM inserts ($20 each) and used the Pam spray - installation was a piece of cake. 5-10 minute job.

Thanks again for everyones input here.

Bill

Quick follow-up just to "CLOSE" the thread - I guess. I purchased two new rubber OEM inserts ($20 each) and used the Pam spray - installation was a piece of cake. 5-10 minute job.

Thanks again for everyones input here.

Bill

Good job Bill, now get out and ride:s

Here's a really cheap solution I used on my passenger boards when my wife's feet were slipping.
3M makes a product that is like coarse emery paper, but has a sticky surface on the back. It comes in rectangular sheets. You cut the sheet to the shape of your floorboard and then peel off the backing paper and press it onto the floorboard. Total cost: couple of bucks for the stuff and 10 minutes labor. I bought it at an Ace Hardware store. Can't remember the exact name of it though.

I think what Prof is referring to is the 3M anti-slide stuff used for stairways and skateboards. I would say that would work pretty good on a smooth clean surface...but probably want to change the floorboard inserts, we all like to add that "personal" touch...! :small3d036:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back