free website stats program Singh Grooves | Harley Davidson Forums

Singh Grooves

Fisherking

I cam across an article on Singh Grooves. They look easy to do but is it worth doing to a newly ported heads, Is this worth it . Has anyone eilse done this and what are your oppinions. on this mod
Thanks F.K.

Singh grooves won't hurt; not sure they help but some porters subscribe. Claims are that the grooves will reduce the potential for detonation in high compression configurations; better flame travel. You can do it yourself with a dremel tool or a triangular file. Size and location is not critical; just have to keep the grooves from encroaching into the gasket area.

Attachments

• groove.jpg
    groove.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 19
Singh grooves won't hurt; not sure they help but some porters subscribe. Claims are that the grooves will reduce the potential for detonation in high compression configurations; better flame travel. You can do it yourself with a dremel tool or a triangular file. Size and location is not critical; just have to keep the grooves from encroaching into the gasket area.
So if I were to do this I would put the head gasket down on the head , use a sharpie and trace the inside of the gasket . Then I would have a go no go section marked off ?

F.K.

And bigger is not better for Singh grooves. Dolt's pic gives a good estimate. Google Singh Grooves. Photo's will have you double triple guessing what to do.

And bigger is not better for Singh grooves. Dolt's pic gives a good estimate. Google Singh Grooves. Photo's will have you double triple guessing what to do.
Dolt has a good picture up of what it looks like. If I do it I will emulate this one .

F.K.

Back