free website stats program Similar Occurences | Harley Davidson Forums

Similar Occurences

gator508

Experienced Member
It's hot in the deep south so riding in shorts works as long as you watch the pipes and keep it upright...or so I thought. Went for a putt Sunday to the best BBQ on the coast The Shed. On the way, not a care in the world and thinking it's not all that hot today..just diggin it. Cruised through Pascagoula and zap... my inner thigh was on fire. Nearly lost it, had to pull over quick, there's One Eye Ron's, thank goodness. Off the bike..what the heck happened.. a bee up the shorts and (EDITED)..popped me good. Thank God for cold beer..tastes good and cold on the sting. Thank goodness I wasn't commando.

cheers!

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the good ol' days when I was single, a girlfriend and I were riding when a bee flew up her shorts. The excitement insued till I got stopped. I must admit it was quite a sight for the cagers when she shucked her shorts to get rid of that bee. :D

I had a bee fly in my shirt through the neck hole and stung me on the shoulder. It's not fun!! And you're right. The Shed is the best BBQ in the south!!!

I had a bee fly in my shirt through the neck hole and stung me on the shoulder. It's not fun!! And you're right. The Shed is the best BBQ in the south!!!

Amen on The Shed. They opened another one a few miles from my house. Thank goodness it's out of smellin' distance. :D

Sometime back in the early 70's I was riding on a highway at night doing about 70 mph. No windshield and a 3/4 helmet without a face shield. All of a sudden something hit me just below and to the left of my left eye so hard that I almost lost the bike. My first thought was that I had hit a bird. It hurt that bad. When I got stopped and took off the helmet I discovered that I had hit one of those big grasshoppers, the ones that are about the size of your index finger. I haven't owned a bike without a windshield since.

John

Rode thru a swarm of bees this last weekend on a ride in Arkansas. I was sure thankful for wearing heavy pants and my windshield.

I had a hornet get up into my half glove and tore me up.One other time a bee got hung on my helmet strap and stung my ear real good to let me know he was not happy.

Ah.....one of the many things to love about riddin. That and following to close behind a bull hauler. It's all worth it!

Back