free website stats program shvelhead rebuild | Harley Davidson Forums

shvelhead rebuild

i live in western illinois. my 76 shovel is due for a rebuild and i am at a loss finding a reliable reputable mechanic. i don't mind going some distance to find the right mechanic as long as im sure i wont be dissapointed with the results. the last guy that worked on it left the piston pin keepers off and ended up being the shortest lived rebuild ever. if anyone would like to refer a guy they were pleased with or know of it would help a lot. thanks for the help.

merry christmas everyone,
thanks for response and i can dig what you be sayin'. i do most of the work on my bike always have. im just not equiped for the work that needs done. the lowerend needs everything. the breather needs bored and sleaved
crank needs trued and balanced. timing hole is stripped. the cylinders are scored . would like to double plug the heads. valves and rockers etc. i think i can do alot of the work myself but begging borrowing and farming out for machine work and tools takes forever and i want to ride this spring. anyway, if anyone knows a good guy out there thats reputable and reliable pleeeeeese let me know. or if you know of places that would steer away from. i really prefer to take it to a established business that guarantees their work.

i live in western illinois. my 76 shovel is due for a rebuild and i am at a loss finding a reliable reputable mechanic. i don't mind going some distance to find the right mechanic as long as im sure i wont be dissapointed with the results. the last guy that worked on it left the piston pin keepers off and ended up being the shortest lived rebuild ever. if anyone would like to refer a guy they were pleased with or know of it would help a lot. thanks for the help.

PM Chopper and work a deal with him.

TQ

Back