free website stats program Short rant - Deler wants bike for 2 weeks for a warranty battery replacement! | Harley Davidson Forums

Short rant - Deler wants bike for 2 weeks for a warranty battery replacement!

CRCKR

On 02JUN I will have had my Streetglide for one year (I still miss my Superglide!) but my battery died on me. Only got to 10.5 volts after 2 days on a tender, and I rode all winter, 17 degrees or not. The closest two HD Dealerships "near" me, each over an hour away and both owned by the same people, Grand Canyon HD. I called the shop in Mayer, AZ and the guy told me that I had to tow the whole bike in and he could look at it in two weeks. I was like....wait, I spent $xx,xxx for this bike less than a year ago and you want to keep the bike for 2 WEEKS for a battery replacement? I understand that they want to do diagnostics to determine WHY the battery died but 2 WEEKS?! Plus, I have my FuelPack3 connected to watch charging system info and it all looks good. Too bad it is paired to the dyna. Luckilly I called the guys in Bellmont and they said just to bring the battery in this AM. They'll pop it on/in the HD Testing machine for a couple of hours and, likely, send me off with a new battery. Thanks GOD for sanity. The day won't be a total waste, I've got truck loaded up with my rifles, pistols and WAY too much ammo and I'll go off into the desert while they are doing their tests to blow off some steam.

That's one of the reasons Harley is losing their faithful and loyal customers.
I just read an article 2 days ago how Harley want's to appeal to the newer generation of riders with a electric Harley, good luck with that!!

Just drove up to the shop that would "work with me and do me a favor" and came back with a brand new battery... all that high falutin' testing told me what I know. I DO appreciate that they helped and bent the rules.

Just drove up to the shop that would "work with me and do me a favor" and came back with a brand new battery... all that high falutin' testing told me what I know. I DO appreciate that they helped and bent the rules.

Don’t you just love the fact they’re “doing” you a favour.
I mean, their stupid battery just got to 12 months and it’s everybody else’s fault that this happened. But not Harley’s! Of course not. And neither was it their battery that was at fault. It was you because you bought their bike.
As for 2 weeks to test a battery- do they really think you’re stupid enough to “fall” for that rubbish?
When I see reports like this, it rams home the point how Harley and their Dealers view their customers.
Like big fat dumb Pigeons just begging to be plucked!

Don’t you just love the fact they’re “doing” you a favour.
I mean, their stupid battery just got to 12 months and it’s everybody else’s fault that this happened. But not Harley’s! Of course not. And neither was it their battery that was at fault. It was you because you bought their bike.
As for 2 weeks to test a battery- do they really think you’re stupid enough to “fall” for that rubbish?
When I see reports like this, it rams home the point how Harley and their Dealers view their customers.
Like big fat dumb Pigeons just begging to be plucked!

Under General Harley Topic there are sticky threads that list "good" dealers and experiences, maybe this needs to be listed under "bad" dealers and experiences so folks can steer clear of them.

Back