100_0213-1.jpg

Pic of new one and old one .. Fatter Chrome and Heim joints

100_0214-1.jpg

I set the prelength the easy way

100_0215-1.jpg

Now if i need to adjust some I'm at least in the ballpark

100_0216-1.jpg

Here it is installed don't forget to loctite the bolts

Doesn't really do much other than look good and less chance of the linkage popping apart esp if you use the rear shifter

Yes that is frost on the Primary 16 Degrees today

Looks great and clever way to set the length.

I noticed you used the thicker diameter chromed rod which looks great. I was looking at the black rectangular billet aluminum linkage with cut outs and heim joints. It matches the black cylinder barrels with machined edges.

Do you think the aluminum linkage is strong enough?

Thanks Guys.. yeah as Mr. Data said the Alum is fine its the Heim joints that make the difference

My problem is this...I removed the nut and washer from the front arm that holds the front of the shifter rod in place, but how do I get the rear out? There's no nut to remove? Is it a spline, if so, how do I get it out???

I think you need to loosen the jam nut at the rear of the shift rod, then screw the rod out. This opens the slot so the ball end can come out.

+1 on the stock ball joint problem. I've had two of them break apart on me over the years, and it can be very disconcerting if you're on the freeway and need to suddenly slow down and then speed up again. Fortunately there's speed-shifting, but still.....

Here's where I got my Heim joints. Very inexpensive. I used the stock rod.

ROD ENDS CLEVIS

Still no luck on disconnecting the rear attachment for the shifter rod? The front was straight forward, remove the nut and lock washer on the inside and slip it out. On the rear there is no nut on the inside. I unscrewed the rod from the rear, but still don't have a clue how to disconnect it? Something tells me I'm missing something very simple, it shouldn't be this difficult to replace a shifter rod!

Still no luck on disconnecting the rear attachment for the shifter rod? The front was straight forward, remove the nut and lock washer on the inside and slip it out. On the rear there is no nut on the inside. I unscrewed the rod from the rear, but still don't have a clue how to disconnect it? Something tells me I'm missing something very simple, it shouldn't be this difficult to replace a shifter rod!

Have you tried some PB Blaster to free up pivot. Looking at schematic its just the stud, flat washer, lock washer and nut. Might lock washer be sticking on rod????

Dusty; Sorry for the wrong info I gave previously. If your shift linkage is like the one in the 2nd pic above, there's a 7/16" hex on the back portion. I went and looked at my '92 and '07 and they are like that. I broke one loose and unscrewed it part way out of the trans lever just to make sure it turns in the sleeve.

Back