free website stats program shift lever trouble E84 Sporty | Harley Davidson Forums

shift lever trouble E84 Sporty

kingfisherbiker

I was riding a couple days ago and when I went to down shift I couldn't pull in the shift lever. I had to force shift it and travel some back roads to get it home. I just had the clutch rebuilt and up until this problem it ran and rode great. Could this be the cable, the perch or maybe something deeper? Has anyone heard of this or had it happen? Any help is much appreciated....

I was riding a couple days ago and when I went to down shift I couldn't pull in the shift lever. I had to force shift it and travel some back roads to get it home. I just had the clutch rebuilt and up until this problem it ran and rode great. Could this be the cable, the perch or maybe something deeper? Has anyone heard of this or had it happen? Any help is much appreciated....

How is the cable, stretched? Clutch adjusted properly and correct level of fluid in the primary, all factors here

Thanks for the quick response Capt. Jack. The clutch is adjusted right and the fluid is good. The cable is older, could that be the prob? Has this ever happened to you?

Back