free website stats program Service Manual and Parts Manual Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Service Manual and Parts Manual Question

babella

Hi,

Is there enough of a difference between a 2005 and a 2006 Sportster that it would render a 2005 service manual useless when applied to a 2006? Same question for a 2004 parts manual for a 2006? Seems to me that 2004-2006 Sportsters (taking into consideration the different models)are basically the same? I am looking at two auctions on ebay and wondering if it is OK to bid on a 2005 factory service manual and a 2004 parts book for my 2006?

Babella

Doesn't the 06 have a different transmission? I know one of the years they changed up the transmission. If it were me I would only get the correct year manuals. You might have to wait a little bit longer for them to show up on ebay but they will be correct.

Doesn't the 06 have a different transmission? I know one of the years they changed up the transmission. If it were me I would only get the correct year manuals. You might have to wait a little bit longer for them to show up on ebay but they will be correct.
Nope, tranny in the Sporties is the same. The big twins all got new transmissions this year. The best to see if you can buy a manual for a year that is different than your bike is to ask a dealer.

I agree with Mike, I think that maybe you should give the local dealership a call and see what they think. I have bought used manuals in the past that did work out fine for me but I think that it is better to be safe then sorry.

If the price wasn't too high I would go for it otherwise do like others have said and ask a dealer first.I have a friend that has a bunch of manuals just for the heck of it.Strange hobby he has there.

Back