free website stats program sert question | Harley Davidson Forums

sert question

MDELUX

i'm having a hot restart issue and want to add more cranking fuel to my bike the only issue is i had a custom map done and i dont have a copy of it so is there a way to only load the cranking fuel table on the sert or is there a way to pull the map from the bike (tuner would not give a copy) wish i knew before i agreed to tune i know i should of asked, my stupidity any help would be appreciated

i'm having a hot restart issue and want to add more cranking fuel to my bike the only issue is i had a custom map done and i don't have a copy of it so is there a way to only load the cranking fuel table on the sert or is there a way to pull the map from the bike (tuner would not give a copy) wish i knew before i agreed to tune i know i should of asked, my stupidity any help would be appreciated

There's in not anything you can do to to "tweak" the map unless you have a copy.

First, I would take it back to the folks that tuned your bike and tell them the issue you are having. Let them know it is not correct and they should fix it at no charge.

Second, If they are unwilling to help without an additional charge) I would find another tuner and discuss with them that you want a copy of the tune when they a finished.

Reputable tuners will give you a copy of the map you PAID for.

thats what i thought i need to go back it runs awesome otherwise. can i adjust cranking fuel with a pc3 without altering the map on the bike i do have a pc3 currently not on the bike send a blank map and adjust cranking fuel

i'm having a hot restart issue and want to add more cranking fuel to my bike the only issue is i had a custom map done and i dont have a copy of it so is there a way to only load the cranking fuel table on the sert or is there a way to pull the map from the bike (tuner would not give a copy) wish i knew before i agreed to tune i know i should of asked, my stupidity any help would be appreciated
Before you start "tuning" your bike with a SERT read the FULL SERT instructions until you FULLY understand them. [Took me 6 times, the system is no more than a late 1980s Chevrolet/GM TPI system repackaged for a V-twin]
Once you understand how it works you'll be able to pull a copy of the current map from your CPU. Save it and copy it. Make changes to the copy and try them. if you get lost and need to start over just make another copy of the current map and start over or reload it as needed

Back