free website stats program Serf's Up | Harley Davidson Forums

Serf's Up

Daytrip

Well, I compared TFI, PCIII, SERT, V&H Fuelpak and the SERF--and decided to go with the SERF--Screamin Eagle Race Fueler. The primary reason is--my buddy who does my work (gratis) is a Harley service tech and prefers the SERF. I also decided to go with Glider's plan and use the SE stage one (parts) and use the K&N filter. Together with my SE slipons (older style) I should be fixed.

One decision I want to make before spring--if the heat situation isn't changed with the richer mixture, I'll go with either the Harley Mid Frame Air Deflectors or the RJS heat shields. The RJS are much better looking--but they are pricey. I'll spend the next couple months making a decision on that. I'd like to hear from anyone using the Air Deflectors. There are several that are constantly pushing RJS--so no need for that--unless you have tried both and can compare by experience.

BTW--I ride an 08 Ultra--Black (the fast one).

Merry Christmas.

Alan

Last edited:
Alan

Be sure to verify the part number for the backing plate for your 08 bike. It will be different than the one listed because of the bigger throttle body on your 08.

Alan

Be sure to verify the part number for the backing plate for your 08 bike. It will be different than the one listed because of the bigger throttle body on your 08.

Thx for the heads up. I'm pretty confident my tech buddy will get it right--he does this for a living! <BG>

Merry Christmas--and thx for your advice.

Alan

Back