free website stats program Seems like a good deal? | Harley Davidson Forums

Seems like a good deal?

A nearby dealer seems to be able to make me a pretty good deal on a stage 1 upgrade for my 2009 883 Sporty.

SE air cleaner, SE slip ons, installation and download for $673 total after military discount a special they're running.

The closest dealer where I bought the bike can't/won't do it for less than $1000.

I am no mechanic, so I wouldn't feel comfortable installing myself.

Does this sound like a decent deal?

It seems like a very fair deal. If you go with list price for the parts ($300 for SE slip ons, $140 for stage 1 air cleaner and $150 for the ECM down load) that means only about $83 for installation of the mufflers and air cleaner. If you are an experienced mechanic I supposed you could do the work in 1-2 hours. My local dealer here gets almost $70/hr for labor so the price you are being given seems very reasonable. I put the screaming eagle slip ons on my wife's 08 1200 low and she loved them. I thought they were too quiet, but they do sound a lot better than the stock mufflers and with the stage 1 air cleaner and ECM down load your bike is going to run a LOT better. I think you will be very happy with the upgrade. Good luck with it!

Sgt1230' analysis is pretty sound, if you can get the upgrade complete and guaranteed for $600-$700 while establishing a rapport with your dealer is a pretty good deal (they may throw in some in house specials...mine offered free installation of HD or Küryakyn grips they had in stock or similar weekly specials).

Back