free website stats program security pager system | Harley Davidson Forums

security pager system

Hooter

i bought a pager a month ago and i am very relieved to have this fitted. it can be fitted in about an hour and cannot be seen so nobody knows its there. i switch it on before i go to sleep and it sits on my bedside giving me piece of mind. on a bike rally or any time away from the bike it has a 400 yard reception so i feel very safe. this has been my favourite buy for years. i think this item is a very old idea as i had a similar device in the early 90s but this is different because it now really works!!! i suggest an optional big stick will compliment this item but can get heavy on long journeys. ONLY JOKING I use a light sabre. :lolrolling

thanks i will keep a watch for that. the instructions say that the unit warns of low battery so lets see how i go on. i will keep you posted.

It only eats batteries when you leave the pager on all the time, so I trained myself to turn it on only when it's needed.

-Wardster

thanks for advise. i usually turn it on at bedtime and turn it off in morning. the bike is not very sensitive so you can knock it about and it only seems to go off when the bike is lifted off stand or ignition is touched but its okay.

thanks for advise. i usually turn it on at bedtime and turn it off in morning. the bike is not very sensitive so you can knock it about and it only seems to go off when the bike is lifted off stand or ignition is touched but its okay.
If that's the factory alarm,. the sensitivity can be adjusted, check the owner's manual.

If that's the factory alarm,. the sensitivity can be adjusted, check the owner's manual.

If you could post that procedure here, it would be appreciated. The older alarms were adjustable but as far as I know the new ones cannot be adjusted.

Mine's an '06 & the instructions for adjusting the sensitivity are in the owners manual... I just readjusted mine for the most sensitive.

Attachments

• alarm.jpg
    alarm.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 69
Back