free website stats program Security light on after LED headlight upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Security light on after LED headlight upgrade

DannyDeluxe

I installed Cyron LED retrofit headlight and auxiliary bulbs on my 2011 FLSTN. Coincidentally my security light on speedometer has been on ever since. I don't have a security system. It just stays on red while bike is running. I've read that it's because of the new bulbs drawing less power and it's also a warning for something off with electrical system. Wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any knowledge to put my mind at ease

There appears to be a BCM Body Control Module on your steed. I would bet that if the voltage or draw or characteristics of replacement bulb and assembly is not to spec of what bike desires from factory you maybe experiencing a side effect of the aftermarket world and there is nothing wrong with you bike. Is there a additional relay or module that's needed to be added to accomplish correct operation per application.
You may find a answer here:
http://www.cyron.com/t-downloads.aspx
I would contact Cyron fro help.
(888) 297-6660

No load equalizer. Just the 3 bulbs. It's not going to hurt anything the way it is?
If the BCM gets continued improper voltages what's not to say you could have further problems. The electronics working hand in hand what if the voltages cause ECM or other component to not work properly??

LED lights draw less current, you may need a load eq, check badlands

Back