free website stats program Security Light Issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Security Light Issue

tfj21709

I have an 07 FXDB and I noticed the other day that when the bike is off, the Security Key does not blink like it normally does. The bike powers on and starts completely normal. Security light comes on when I turn the ignition to run and then turns off just like it should. It then comes on when I turn the bike off, my lights blink twice like normal but then nothing. No blinking what so ever. It seems to be operating as normal other than that. I check diagnostic codes and there are none. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? I'm riding several hundred miles on Friday and would like to make sure that everything is good to go. I replaced the FOB battery today, and nothing has changed.

Recheck fob battery voltage. More times than not the battery sold to you is under voltage from age even if new. How does bike react with second remote?

Does the bike have the Harley siren as part of the security? If so, the internal battery may be bad.

If the battery were low on the fob, that shouldn't affect the light on the dash. Does the security system flash the lights and keep the bike from starting when you turn it on without the fob near the bike?

Gary, when I try to manipulate the bike or start the bike without the FOB present, everything works as normal. My blinkers light up as they should, even the Security Key Light will illuminate and stay illuminated as it should. When I bring the bike the lights stop, they do the normal double blink to rearm the system, the Security Key Light will go off and then it does nothing. It does not blink every 2-3 seconds like it should showing that the system is armed. I do not have a siren as part of the security system and I agree, the FOB Battery will have nothing to do with the light on the dash.

Back