free website stats program secoundary noise | Harley Davidson Forums

secoundary noise

1moretime

hello everyone out there, i have a 09 superglide with about 1200ml on it. its has been a great ride, however theirs a machine sound noise coming from the handle bars, it only sounds when riding, its not the motor, i thought it was the fuel pump because it sounds simular to it. but i dont think it is, its a very anouying sound. any clues out there.

hello everyone out there, i have a 09 superglide with about 1200ml on it. its has been a great ride, however theirs a machine sound noise coming from the handle bars, it only sounds when riding, its not the motor, i thought it was the fuel pump because it sounds simular to it. but i dont think it is, its a very anouying sound. any clues out there.

Is it when applying the front brakes?
I get a buzzing when putting on the front brakes. Nothing when doing the rear. The buzzing sounds like a relay.
You can put loud pipes on and it won't bother you as much.:p

Last edited:
i like the loud pipes ideal, my dad always says, if aint broke dont fix it/// the brakes they do make a noise when applaided, i also forgot to add that when i put it in 5th gear it sounds tearble, like its in the wrong gear, but when i put it un 6th im good to go. in ideals

i like the loud pipes ideal, my dad always says, if aint broke dont fix it/// the brakes they do make a noise when applaided, i also forgot to add that when i put it in 5th gear it sounds tearble, like its in the wrong gear, but when i put it un 6th im good to go. in ideals

Probably need the look in the self help section. 5th gear noise or shaking seems to be fairly normal. The right lubes in the right holes can help with valve train noise, trans clunking and stuff.
Check that section and the oil section to see recommendations.
There is a lot of thought on this very subject. And a lot of good info here to help ya.

Wasn't there an issue with the rivets loosening up in the headlight buckets causing the bucket to vibrate ?

I have heard of it being a head light nosie, but when i presented it to the dealer i got a weired look, as if i was trying to come up with something for them to fix, ill look into it my self and see what i can find.

ill look into ive heard about this before, i did tell the dealer about it however i got a strange look so i thought nothing more about it. but i will look into my self, i injoy doing my own work when it comes to my toys, i just never work on bike before but its starting to very fun, i should have bought a older HD though so i can really get into it, with this 09, looks like i be doing upgrades than fixing problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back