free website stats program Seat Height on FLSTN Softail Deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat Height on FLSTN Softail Deluxe

Uncle Lala

I have a 34" inseam and the stock seat on the Deluxe is just too low. I love this bike. The tall boy seat from HD just doesn't look right on this bike. Any suggestions to keep the classic look and still give me some leg room? :bigsmiley15:

I really love the way the bike handles but I do scrape the boards quite a bit. (Too many years on a sport bike I suppose) Perhaps the forward controls are the answer. Anybody know of anyone removing the floorboards and installing forward controls? I suppose I'll have to remove the engine guards and Highway pegs then.

Last edited:
How DO you raise the suspension? Everytime I go over a speed bump in a parking lot I scrape the frame no matter how slow I go. Plus I could use a little more travel in the suspension when my wife sits on the back. :s (No comments please.... I'm looking over my shoulder as I type this as it is)

How DO you raise the suspension? Everytime I go over a speed bump in a parking lot I scrape the frame no matter how slow I go. Plus I could use a little more travel in the suspension when my wife sits on the back. :s (No comments please.... I'm looking over my shoulder as I type this as it is)

Raising the suspension isn't any better than lowering it as far as handling. To go over the speed bump without hitting, try going over it diagonally so the two wheels are on the bump at the same time.
To carry additional weight :s try increasing the pre load on the shocks that can be done with a special wrench to turn the body. You would want to shorten the shocks to increase preload which would also raise the rear a bit.

Thanks much. I didn't know the suspension was adjustable. Great news. I'll give it a try and spend the extra $ on a windshield.

Back