free website stats program Sea Foam | Harley Davidson Forums

Sea Foam

franka

2007 Road King with 57k, have never added any fuel supplement, cleaner etc. I hear people talking about adding 5oz's of Sea Foam to the gas tank to clean things out, thoughts?

61UtdLbRtpL._SY879_.jpg

Several posts here about Seafoam, good product. I add a couple oz every 3rd tank full.
Best price i've found is at Walmart.
5 oz might be a little much, you only need a couple oz per tank full.
You can also add a couple oz to your oil before your next oil change. put a couple hundred miles before changing oil, cleans out the inners as well.

Last edited:
Over the years I've read so many good things about Sea Foam that I started using it as Jeff does. I'm skeptical but trouble-free, so I'll continue.

I use it in my bike, lawn mowers, generator, pressure washer, gas tractor. Keeps gas good for winter storage...I've been using it for many years.

My Son put an entire bottle of Sea Foam in the gas tank of his pickup truck, and it never started again. Took it to the junk yard. Use it per the instructions!!

I used it,then read the ingredients,if you put a good premium gas in the bike,it has the same stuff.If I had a bike that'd been sitting around for awhile,I'd throw some in.My son bought a car that had been sitting,it helped.

Today's premium gas doesn't clean the top end like it did years ago, carbon buildup on valves and piston tops can become a real issue. I've found Seafoam helps clean carbon deposits very well.

Use as directed as a fuel additive; I never add anything to the motor oil. On high mileage bikes and before next oil change, get the motor up to operating temp, mix half can of Seafoam 50/50 with water and put it in a spray bottle. While motor is running, slowly spray all through the intake intake into the combustion chamber. Keep the idle up so the motor doesn't stall and don't spray too much too quick so as not to hydro lock the cylinders. Ride for about 15 minutes and then change the oil. The motor will smoke like crazy and if any carbon as built up on the top of the pistons, most will be blown out the exhaust.

Blue Wide Glide, I put a whole can in my '03 Expedition (28 gallon tank), no issues.;)

Edit to my previous regarding the 50/50 mix with water. Of course Seafoam can be sprayed in full strength which eliminates the need for an oil change post treatment. Back in the day, before O2 sensors, water was commonly used this way to de-carbon combustion chambers and piston tops. Dealer's choice.;)

Back