free website stats program Sea Foam | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sea Foam

Glider, I have to say I have tried sea foam on my 1994 Blazer several times an never really noticed any difference in performance or gas mileage. With the that said, over the years I was not really sold on the product.

I was trained as a mechanic in the 70's and worked on everything from NHRA rails, F4 and F15 fighters, motorcycles and classic car restoration's over the years. I have found with regular maintenance, meaning changing all filters and fluids by using quality products typically does the trick.

After reading this tread I decided to give sea foam another try. Prior the my regular maintenance, cleaning my K&N filter and IAC etc, I added some sea foam to the gas. I was surprised that after about a half tank my 2011 Heritage with 38, 000 miles on it seems to have a little better throttle response. Courious, I went home and cleaned the K&N air filter and IAC. Wow, that old TC96 really came alive.

I have been toying with upgrading to a newer Harley with a TC110 but have been disappointed with how sluggish the 2014s are. For the money, I may just drop a set of 255 cams in the old girl and keep riding her until the wheels fall off. Kind'a like my 94 Blazer that has over 300, 000 miles on her and running strong with the original paint.

Thanks glider for the many quality and informative posts. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I look forward to reading the next post that teaches this old dog another trick. :rider:cheers

I love saefoam. I used it in a 1984 camaro that was in a garage for eight years. I ran a can through two tank and wow what difference. I also ran seafoam in the tank of my 1995 Harley -Davidson. This bike was running poorly. The rearplud fouled but after seafoam the plugs burn clean and the performance is amazing

Back