free website stats program SEA FOAM as Fuel Additive | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SEA FOAM as Fuel Additive

i was just made aware of it by my lawn mower mechanic. he advised me to put it in all my small engines (lawn equip) to keep the ethanol additive from gumming up the chokes and jets. I must say my Stihl blower doesnt spit and sputter anymore. i never thought about putting it in the Ultra though. it sure aint going to hurt it.

I'd run some through your ultra BandT, it really does clean out your upper end. I've been using it in all my engines for years and swear by it. Here in Minnesota I found it for 6.99 a can at Fleet Farm.

I use it in every piece of equipment and toys -bikes - quads lawnmowers , boats . I swear by sea-foam in every tank every time. Get mine at Northern Tool 6.00 bucks a can.

Ok, well then I guess I am going to give it a try and see how it works. Don't think I will mix it with my synthetic oil though.
Thank you all for responding.
Be safe and enjoy.

I bought some Sea Foam a few weeks ago after reading about it on this forum and decided to 'test' it on my honda lawn mower first. At first I didn't notice any difference but, after two mowings, I can tell the little honda is running smoother...like when it was new. I'm sold! The softail tank is now holding 5 gal of 92 octane gas and 5 oz. of Sea Foam.

jsklari Re: SEA FOAM as Fuel Additive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also add a couple oz in the crank case prior to a oil change, run it about 50 miles and change oil. You'll be amazed how it cleans out the inside of the engine

jsklari, the seafoam can says 1,1/2 oz per quart of oil but doesn't say how long to run it for, miles or time. Would this be to much or not necessary to use that much in the motorcycle motor. Tim

As MyfirstHarley stated; ,1/2 oz per quart of oil but doesn't say how long to run it for, miles or time. and your answer?

Back