free website stats program SE Stage 1 air cleaner kit. | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Stage 1 air cleaner kit.

muleman

What has been the experience when installing this piece without retuning? My parts guy says that without installing SE mufflers and retuning, that there is no increase in performance. I have read in American Iron and some other pubs that it is not necessary to retune after the air cleaner up grade? I realize that this post has probably been up before but I am a new user and couldn't find a previous post that answered my question.

08 Road King, no modifications, all stock.

on a 08 you can get aways with air cleaner or slip ons not both .. if you just want air cleaner you can get away with it .. would run better with a retune either dealer download or a aftermarket fuel device

Ride it stock till you save your money for AC, pipes and fuel management system JMO :)

I rode mine with XIED's and slipons for a few months, when I added the SE air cleaner I also added the TFI, I am very pleased with it.

these new bikes run lean as they are from the factory. As Bud said you can do either pipes or a/c but not both with out a stage 1 download or fuel management. you would not gain anything by putting on just a high flow a/c and i think it would make the bike run even more lean than it already is.

Back