free website stats program SE Slip-ons not what I expected... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Slip-ons not what I expected...

Those slip on's aren't like the older se slipons were. The new ones are EPA approved. Should have done a search before buying them.

Harley-Davidson's "new" style SE mufflers are 49 state legal, thanks EPA.
We no longer sell illegal (read louder than 80dB) mufflers.

Rush mufflers with 1.5/1.75 baffels (at about $399) are a good choice for stock or slightly modified (SE A/C and calibration download)

No popping, great harley sound, made in the USA!! and sponsors of Angell Sampey (NHRA Motorcycle drag racing gal)!

Harley-Davidson's "new" style SE mufflers are 49 state legal, thanks EPA.
We no longer sell illegal (read louder than 80dB) mufflers.
<snip>
The dB limit in New Zealand is 105 for bikes so I have 25dB to go in my pipes! I've got the SE slip ons on my Dyna and the sound is disappointing. Getting a little better with a few more kms on her. I might have to unwrap them a little.

My last Dyna had straight pipes (and yes the neighbors loved me when I left for work at 4.30am Ha ha). I don't have neighbors where I live now and I have a bike with quiet pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are getting louder, but I dobut they are going to get as loud as a set of Vance & Hines or Rineharts....

Want loud? Knock the slip-ons off, put on some extensions, put some cones in the pipes at the heads, tune your PC to compensate and MAKE SOME NOISE. Course you may alienate the neighbors, get pulled over by the Police more often then you like, and not have the performance you want. But you will be LOUD!!

TQ

The new S.E. slipons are designed to give you more flow,while only being 15% louder,so if you want a loud pipe they are not for you

Back