free website stats program SE 255 cam install results | Harley Davidson Forums

SE 255 cam install results

artfuentes

I have a 2010 FLHTK. I originally pulled the cats and installed V & H Power Duals, a high flow air cleaner and PCV. The bike ran great, but I wanted to get a little torque and power in 6th when passing and climbing. I also went from stock 38 mpg to about 35 with the pipes etc. For no reason I started getting 32 mpg over the last 6k miles. I had a map download when I first installed the PCV.

Just had the SE255 cams. Wow, what a nice pull in all gears, mostly in the 3500 to 5000 rpm range. My bike dynoed at 86 Torque and 100.5 Horses. I am happy with these numbers, I do not know what I was pulling before as this was my first dyno. I'm a little dissapointed with the mpg as my last two tanks I averaged 32 mpg's. I was hoping for 35-36 with the dyno.

Any thoughts? will my mpg increase with time, any break in? I must admit I was pretty hot on the throotle, I usually cruise at 80mph at 3k rpm. But I love the pull!

Where did you have it dynoed? I would think you could get better mileage than that. I'm running a 106" kit with the S&S 583's and a SE race tuner doing 90+HP and 110 ftlbs of torque and I'm gettin' right around 40mpg.

You didn't say what your AFR is. I think you might go a little leaner in the mid range. This will help your MPG. Of course a lot depends on how much you're using your right wrist!

I have a 2010 FLHTK. I originally pulled the cats and installed V & H Power Duals, a high flow air cleaner and PCV. The bike ran great, but I wanted to get a little torque and power in 6th when passing and climbing. I also went from stock 38 mpg to about 35 with the pipes etc. For no reason I started getting 32 mpg over the last 6k miles. I had a map download when I first installed the PCV.

Just had the SE255 cams. Wow, what a nice pull in all gears, mostly in the 3500 to 5000 rpm range. My bike dynoed at 86 Torque and 100.5 Horses. I am happy with these numbers, I do not know what I was pulling before as this was my first dyno. I'm a little dissapointed with the mpg as my last two tanks I averaged 32 mpg's. I was hoping for 35-36 with the dyno.

Any thoughts? will my mpg increase with time, any break in? I must admit I was pretty hot on the throotle, I usually cruise at 80mph at 3k rpm. But I love the pull!

Are you sure about your dyno numbers? It sounds like you have the numbers backwards, 86 HP and 100.5 lbs of torque sound more correct to me. I have the 103 big bore in my bike with the 255 cams and running the SERT and I am getting 89HP and 107 lbs of torque and I get 43 to 45 mpg.

My bike dynoed at 86 Torque and 100.5 Horses. I am happy with these numbers, I do not know what I was pulling before as this was my first dyno. I'm a little dissapointed with the mpg as my last two tanks I averaged 32 mpg's. I was hoping for 35-36 with the dyno.

Your numbers are bas ackwards; 255s will not make 100HP; 100TQ/86HP is pretty typical of those cams. Some will be better depending on pipe and tune.

The only way to truly know mileage is to fill your tank, find a fairly flat stretch of road, like the interstate and run 50 miles out and 50 miles back keeping your speed as constant as possible about 65mph. Fill the tank and check mileage; that is what it is. Any variance from that will be the result of wind, load or speed.

Thanks everyone for your help. I did have the numbers reversed, they are 86HP/100.5TQ. Based on what I'm seeing from your posts I should be getting way better gas mileage, even if I do run the throttle pretty hard. I have filled the tank twice and got 32 MPG each fill, but I had heavy winds and hilly conditions on both runs. I'll have to lay off the throttle and get some flat miles and check out the numbers then.

I had it dynoed at Mitchell Harley Davidson in Modesto,CA. My AFR is 13, flat all the way across (if I'm reading that right).

Thanks everyone for your help. I did have the numbers reversed, they are 86HP/100.5TQ. Based on what I'm seeing from your posts I should be getting way better gas mileage, even if I do run the throttle pretty hard. I have filled the tank twice and got 32 MPG each fill, but I had heavy winds and hilly conditions on both runs. I'll have to lay off the throttle and get some flat miles and check out the numbers then.

I had it dynoed at Mitchell Harley Davidson in Modesto,CA. My AFR is 13, flat all the way across (if I'm reading that right).

Bubbie did a great beta on the Dobeck Gen 4 unit and talked about leaning it out in the mid range. I know you're running a different fueler but it can be adjusted the same way. Take a look:BETA On Gen 4 By BUBBIE - Harley Davidson Community

Always need to remember, there are three things all guys lie about, home cooking, home lovin', and fuel mileage. At the beach, Myrtle Beach, SC a few weeks ago I did a lot of flat road mileage and on two tanks I got a little over forty on my 09 vrod and that is the figure I might tell people. Actually the figure is more like 35-37. This bike weighs about 630 on two bathroom scales, one front and one back. I weigh about 210. and the bike has about 115hp. Horse power and weight cost more fuel. The guys that say they get 40-50 miles per gallon on a 800 pound bike and then add a rider and have one hundred horsepower, I would think about the above joke. I have a 99 FXR and on the same scales weighs about 560 and has about 65-70 horsepower and get a little over forty mpg. I am sure people do get better fuel mile age that I do because I do use the throttle a lot and also the brakes, and every time you use the brakes you have probably wasted fuel. Please no hate messages or sworn statements. Best to everyone.

Always need to remember, there are three things all guys lie about, home cooking, home lovin', and fuel mileage. At the beach, Myrtle Beach, SC a few weeks ago I did a lot of flat road mileage and on two tanks I got a little over forty on my 09 vrod and that is the figure I might tell people. Actually the figure is more like 35-37. This bike weighs about 630 on two bathroom scales, one front and one back. I weigh about 210. and the bike has about 115hp. Horse power and weight cost more fuel. The guys that say they get 40-50 miles per gallon on a 800 pound bike and then add a rider and have one hundred horsepower, I would think about the above joke. I have a 99 FXR and on the same scales weighs about 560 and has about 65-70 horsepower and get a little over forty mpg. I am sure people do get better fuel mile age that I do because I do use the throttle a lot and also the brakes, and every time you use the brakes you have probably wasted fuel. Please no hate messages or sworn statements. Best to everyone.

What you say may be true in some circles and I'm sure that we have some that might embillish their MPG, but for most here on HDTimeline we are trying to help and have no reason to state something we know will lead people trying to help down the wrong path. "Tell it like it is" and we will either tell you what you have is normal or try to offer ways to solve the problem. Welcome to the Forum, and oh by the way have you read the rules yet?

Back