free website stats program SCV members here or..... | Harley Davidson Forums

SCV members here or.....

vicks96

Any Sons of Confederate Veterans members or members of Confederate Mechanized Cavalry here? Im trying to find out if any chapters exist in my area. Im interested in joining. My GGGrandfather was a member of the 56th NC Infantry Regiment. His brother was with the 6th SC Cavalry. Thanks, TV.

Last edited:
You may be able to get some info from this page.

http://www.scv.org/

Thanks Glider, found that site last night and one for the Mechanized Cavalry and the guy in charge of the area group lives only about 20 miles away In Sanford NC. Ill have to join the SCV first and then the Mech Cav afterwards. They do a lot of rides to battlefields and reenactments. Just the thing I like to do and see. My next big trip on the bike is gonna be to Gettysburg hopefully around the time of the battle, next July. THX for the info,TV.

Dont Worry Joe The battlefeild is actually expanding. Thos are just rumors about developing . In recent years they have bought out a ford dealership and moved it because it was on the northeast end of the battlefeild. The plan is to restore the battlfeild to its original condition as it was . If anyone has not been to Gettysburg you need to go. My wife and I go a couple of times a month and love it. It's one of our favorite places. The whole Mechanicsburg, Carlisle,Chambersburg York,area is absolutley beautiful. LOTs of backroads restaurants and Harley dealerships to visit after exploring Gettysburg.When we ride we like to use the dealerships as checkpoints because there are tons of them. If you get the opportunity you NEED to go and take the battlefeild tour. I only live about an Hour and a half up the road and learned a lot of things I didn't know. It's well worth thie time and effort

Sorry for hijacking your thread Les but I couldn't help myself when it comes to G-burg

Yes they do give tours of the plant. Go to Harleys website for times amd days. I still have not been on the tour yet myself

]Dont Worry Joe The battlefeild is actually expanding. Thos are just rumors about developing . In recent years they have bought out a ford dealership and moved it because it was on the northeast end of the battlefeild. The plan is to restore the battlfeild to its original condition as it was .

Folks are actually trying to save the Battlefields all over. Here in Kentuck, Perryville, Mill Springs, Wildcat and more are being saved. My ancestors fought for the Gray all this side of Virgina mostly which makes me interested

Back