free website stats program Screaming Eagle / Splitfire | Harley Davidson Forums

Screaming Eagle / Splitfire

switched both my 06 Superglides (95ci & 103ci) to SE / Split-fire triple platinum plugs over the this past winter. both bikes have several dyno pulls on them and over 5000 miles of hot rodding and traveling, pulled the plugs this morning while doing oil changes and other matance to the bikes and all 4 looked like new plugs with 1 well tuned dyno pull on them!
I like them! Run them anothr 5000 miles and check them again.

If you have any problems setting codes on the bikes, the switch to platinum or even different plugwires will sometimes set codes on you. Just a heads up so you don't go nuts trying to figure it out. When the ION sensing feature which is basically a resistance value for the sum of the plugs and wires changes, this is what does it.

If you have any problems setting codes on the bikes, the switch to platinum or even different plugwires will sometimes set codes on you. Just a heads up so you don't go nuts trying to figure it out. When the ION sensing feature which is basically a resistance value for the sum of the plugs and wires changes, this is what does it.

That's the reason for running the SE plugs & wires, their resistance is very close to stock and the SERT works well with them.
But you are right when I first started up grades on the stock 06 TC88 I put a set of Jacobs plug wires on it and got all kinds of weird trouble codes, replace them with the stock one's and all was back to normal
No problem with the SE plugs or wires

Back