free website stats program Screamin Eagle Street Performance Slip-Ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Screamin Eagle Street Performance Slip-Ons

6Stringer

6Stringer here, new member, first post.
I have an 07 Heritage Softail Classic. First bike I ever owned. Long-time dream realized. While I love the bike, I'm a little disappointed in the sound. Just doesn't have that Harley rumble. I'm not looking for sheer volume. The sound I'm looking for is a nice deep rumble, more bass than treble. I also don't want the loud crackle and popping that comes with some very loud exhausts.
I'm considering the new Screamin Eagle Street Performance Slip-ons, Softail Shorty Duals. Just got back from the dealer and they didn't have any bikes in storage or the shop with those particular mufflers to listen to. I listened to a lot of V&H's and some others, and I really don't want to go that loud. I want a noticeable difference over the stock mufflers though if I'm going to spend the money on new mufflers, PC, and high-flow air filter.
Does anyone have the new SE Street Performance slip-ons to offer some feedback? I realize that desired sound is extremely subjective but until I can hear a pair, I wondered if others are satisfied. Keep in mind, I prefer more deep rumble than volume.

A mate of mine has Screaming Eagle Baloney cut slip ons on his Heritage.
They sound neat and are not to loud, myself I have V & H big radius on mine but they are louder of course, each to their own.

Suggest you find an '07 or '08 with the new SE's on it to listen to before you buy. I was leaning that way until I heard a set. Not that much difference in sound, although I liked the look. I'm now considering Rush slip-ons that have interchangeable baffles that allow for choice in sound, and they look just as good. Cost was about the same.
Here's web site if you want to check 'em out.
Good Luck
RUSH Motorcycle

I have a 07 softail deluxe and also didn't like the stock sound.I put Rinehart 2-1. Really nice sound a little louder than stock but more base. Since I was doing that upgrade I went the distance with a race tuner and SE air. sounds nice can't wait for weather to brake so I can ride.

ride to the sun

Thanks to all who responded so far. I appreciate your input. So far, I'm not hearing any glowing endorsements for the SE Street Perf Slip-ons. I'm still interested in hearing from others so please keep the replies coming.
HD web site says the SE Street Slip-ons don't void the warranty. My HD dealer says anything they sell and install will not void the warranty but I seem to recall Glider saying that that's not the case. Anyone have any experience to share regarding putting on non-HD mufflers and its effect on the warranty?

Thanks to all who responded so far. I appreciate your input. So far, I'm not hearing any glowing endorsements for the SE Street Perf Slip-ons. I'm still interested in hearing from others so please keep the replies coming.
HD web site says the SE Street Slip-ons don't void the warranty. My HD dealer says anything they sell and install will not void the warranty but I seem to recall Glider saying that that's not the case. Anyone have any experience to share regarding putting on non-HD mufflers and its effect on the warranty?

NOTHING you install voids your warranty unless it does damage to a part of your bike and just that part will be not covered then. This is all a ploy by the dealers to scare you into paying them to do the work.
Likewise what one dealer tells you will not void the warranty, another dealer will tell you the opposite.

Dealers And The Magnusson-Moss Act - Harley Davidson Community

Glider,
Thanks much for your info and the link to the Magnusson-Moss Act summary. I was hoping you would weigh in on that issue. From the short time I've been a member on this board, I've come to respect your wealth of knowledge and greatly appreciate your willingness to share it.
6Stringer

I enjoy going head to head with the "Dealers" on the warranty issue after they try to impress me with their vast knowledge. The dealer where I bought my RK told me that if I changed my own oil at 100 miles like I did that it "could" void my warranty.
We had a nice chat after that and he told me that at 500 miles that the factory fill oil "changed" into a high detergent and that he was just taught this in "school" the previous week. This was the asst service manager.

After I explained a few things to him about oils and motorcycle engines, he wasn't very talkative after that and the following week doesn't work there any longer.:51:

There's so much mis information floating around at the dealerships that they earned the name "stealers" in my book all by themselves.

The owner of the dealership offered me a job there, but it was in the parts department, had it been in service, It may have been a different story:D

I had an 07 Heritage with the SE sllip-ons, tuner and Stage I air cleaner. I was very happy with the performance and sound.

Had some problems with the tranny shifting though...

I am looking at putting a set of pipes on my Fatboy, One thing i am wondering is alot of the aftermarket pipes cover the Gearbox oil cover does this cause any dramas in changing the oil or checking it if it is covered?

Back