free website stats program Screamin Eagle mufflers pn65259-00 | Harley Davidson Forums

Screamin Eagle mufflers pn65259-00

KPFLHRSI

Howdy,

Iwould like to know if anyone has heard these pipes, I can't find anyone that has them. I want to go a little louder than stock(2004 FLHRSI and I can't hear it above 50 mph), My brother has 2007 FLHX with stock pipes and its just about right for me,(could be a little louder) maybe some SE CVO pipes?
any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

If you're looking for a touch louder than stock;then the S.E. should do it for you.The maintenance guys at the dealer said it is a little throatier too, but not by a whole lot.Hope this helps

Sorry I just realized you have an 04 model, you should hear quite a difference over stock.I was thinking it was an 07 model.

I've got the SE IIs on my '08 FLHX, and really like their sound. Louder than stock, but not obnoxiously so. Good deep rumble at idle. I'm like you; I wanted something a little louder than stock, but don't particularly care for loud pipes.

Thanks All, I wussed and out got a set of 08 Road King Classic mufflers cheap, I can see how I like them and if I don't I can allways give them away.

Kevin

If you get pipes louder than you like it is easy to get a small piece of expanded metal and bend it into a cone shape with a slot down the length of it and insert them into the muffler opening.

Make the opening in the cone at the small end have a hole the size around 3/4 of a inch.

Make the large end a little larger than the muffler inside diameter so when you put it in it pushes against the sides and stays in place.

If you have to remove it, 2 needlenose pliers on each side of the slot will allow you to pull it out.

I did this on my ultra after installing the SE mufflers because it got to loud and it worked great. You can adjust the small hole size to get the sound level you want by removing material from the cone.

Did this after race tuning on the dyno and it didn't hurt performance at all.

Hi,
Just took off SE pipes they were nicer( louder and fuller) than stock....better full throttle sound. You might look at wild pig mufflers for a big full throttle sound, but not too loud at idle.

Guys i have an 08 e glide with screaming eagle slip ons after about 1500 miles it gets a little louder but not as loud as i would like my dealer said that there is only 1 set of slip on that will not void my ext 7 year warnt. what is up with harley and thes quite pipes its pure bull :49::49::49::49::49::28::28::28::28:

Last edited by a moderator:
:Guys i have an 08 e glide with screaming eagle slip ons after about 1500 miles it gets a little louder but not as loud as i would like my dealer said that there is only 1 set of slip on that will not void my ext 7 year warnt. what is up with harley and thes quite pipes its pure bull
Mr Bill

Here we go again. I wish all dealers would get on the same page in regards to what will void your warranty. You are actually protected by a law that makes the dealer have to prove that the part you put on caused the damage. .

Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128

Last edited by a moderator:
Back