free website stats program Screamin' Eagle® Billet Cam Support Plate with High Volume Oil Pump | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Screamin' Eagle® Billet Cam Support Plate with High Volume Oil Pump

WE All have to remember here that ONE bike doesn't represent ALL..

The noise Might be there as said (all do it)..
HDDon really gave a great suggestion....::s

I don't doubt IF I listened to mine closely, I'd be worried about the tic-clank, I would go nutty and imagine the worst also...

These bikes (HD's) ARE noisy and All seem to have a character of their own.. One Will the other Won't.

The inner hydraulic tensioner on mine looked to be NEW at 25000 miles but the outer (main drive) had some wear marks from the chain (NORMAL) and a few pin-holes in the middle of the tensioner...

I Elected to replace it as I did not think I would be back in there for a long time..

It would of been fine for many thousand More miles IF I hadn't replaced it..

I DO Like the New system and I did have a 2000 model before that Did have the Bad Cam bearing and shoe problem... Believe Me, the NEW system is GREAT....

Careful taking "Change Out Advice" from a CAPTIVE dealer,,, they make $$$$$ doing the job and selling the parts...
Nothing Needed with your 103 but to ride it...:D

Now IF you are using the sin 3, I'd shy away from it... IF they promote one oil for all 3 holes RUN and get your own oil..... A good 20/50 synthetic and a seprate primary oil then A Gear oil for the tranny...

Formal+ by HD is a good Primary lube.

I use all Redline products, 20/50 Redline in engine, MTL for the primary and Shockproof Heavy redline in the tranny...:newsmile021:

READ here on HDT and you will learn a lot from the NEEDED advice We give FREELY..

The dealer will NEVER tell all you need to know but how to give them $$$$$$$$$$$$$....

signed....BUBBIE

Fueling makes a nice cam chest kit...the TC88 is a fine engine, the cam chain tensioners are the Achelles heel, I'd think gear drive...Just me...

Jamez has a 2011 with a 103. The oil pump is a Harley high volumn.

WE All have to remember here that ONE bike doesn't represent ALL..

The noise Might be there as said (all do it)..
HDDon really gave a great suggestion....::s

I don't doubt IF I listened to mine closely, I'd be worried about the tic-clank, I would go nutty and imagine the worst also...

These bikes (HD's) ARE noisy and All seem to have a character of their own.. One Will the other Won't.

The inner hydraulic tensioner on mine looked to be NEW at 25000 miles but the outer (main drive) had some wear marks from the chain (NORMAL) and a few pin-holes in the middle of the tensioner...

I Elected to replace it as I did not think I would be back in there for a long time..

It would of been fine for many thousand More miles IF I hadn't replaced it..

I DO Like the New system and I did have a 2000 model before that Did have the Bad Cam bearing and shoe problem... Believe Me, the NEW system is GREAT....

Careful taking "Change Out Advice" from a CAPTIVE dealer,,, they make $$$$$ doing the job and selling the parts...
Nothing Needed with your 103 but to ride it...:D

Now IF you are using the sin 3, I'd shy away from it... IF they promote one oil for all 3 holes RUN and get your own oil..... A good 20/50 synthetic and a seprate primary oil then A Gear oil for the tranny...

Formal+ by HD is a good Primary lube.

I use all Redline products, 20/50 Redline in engine, MTL for the primary and Shockproof Heavy redline in the tranny...:newsmile021:

READ here on HDT and you will learn a lot from the NEEDED advice We give FREELY..

The dealer will NEVER tell all you need to know but how to give them $$$$$$$$$$$$$....

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie, thanx!

I used to run Amsoil 20/50 but did not like it. It gets hot around here most of the time, above 80f. I just went for plain old 50w. Contemplating 60w but was afraid it would be too thick and give starting/pressure problems and all. If I could get my hands on 20/60, which is pretty rare here...

I run Formula+ in both primary and transmission. Found it to be great so far.

Previously, dealer put syn3 in all three holes previously and man, was it noisy. had all oils changed out within two days.

Yes I am learning already and I really do appreciate the advise that you guys give at your expense! loving this place! :newsmile106:

Jamez has a 2011 with a 103. The oil pump is a Harley high volumn.

Thanx HDDon for the clarification! :s

Last edited by a moderator:
Back