free website stats program Scheduled 10000 mile maintenace | Harley Davidson Forums

Scheduled 10000 mile maintenace

HDSKI

Hello. New to this site. I have a 2006 Road Glide that is due for its 10K Scheduled Maintenance. I'm going on a ride for Thanksgiving in AZ. Driving from So. Cal. Question is will my bike be in jepordy if not serviced at exactly 10K. When back from ride i should have around 10,800 miles on her. Should this be a problem with my warranty ? Any other concerns ? At last service i had them use the synthetic oil. Thanks

Last edited:
I rode my deuce part way from TX to NC. and was probably 300 miles over when a dealership did mine. no mention of voiding warranty when I asked, but they did say not to go too far over. Pat Rogers Harley in Concord NC. nice bunch of people. Maybe if you have a couple of hours to kill one day, a dealer close to you can work you in, they did for me.

#1 If the oil used at the last change was SIN3 I would service the bike before the trip. It's not a warranty issue it's a SIN3 issue. Warranty wise you have no issues even going to 11,000 before service. SIN 3 wise you don't have a "full synthetic" just "semi". It gives a little better service then conventual all "Dyno" oil but no where near the protection of a full Syn. Also SIN3 in the Primary will over heat and burn your clutch prematurely. In the trans your asking for trouble, I bought into using 20w50 in the trans until I pulled mine apart and saw all the galding and scarring on the gears and shafts. I've since switched Mobile1 75w90 gear. In my wife's Lowrider I've switched to Spectro 75w140 6-Speed Gear oil, She's only put 450 miles on it since the change but she says it shifts smoother and finding "N" is much easier.
I'll be switching to the Spectro 6-Speed in all the bikes as their service comes due.

Going over on the recommended mileages as well as under by that amount is no problem and it will not effect your warranty regardless of what any dealer may try tell you too. I'm sure they will say nothing to you in any event as long as they are making the $$$ doing the service which is their main objective. The synthetic oil you used last service is probably still doing what it's supposed to be doing unlike the dino oils.

Always check your oil levels after a dealer service.

If you have the capability and tools, why not change the oil yourself?

The mileages suggested are a guideline and not a carved in stone number.

I'm with Glider. On the 10,000 mile service at least change your oil your self its a good way to become a little closer to your bike. the more you take care of her the more you'll love her. And the more you love her, the more She'll love you back.

Thank you all. I called my Local Dealer. His only concern was that the brake pads and tires were ok. Other than that..Trip-On.
Thanks for all of your input. Have a geat Thanksgiving.
HDSKI

Thank you all. I called my Local Dealer. His only concern was that the brake pads and tires were ok. Other than that..Trip-On.
Thanks for all of your input. Have a geat Thanksgiving.
HDSKI
His only concern was that he'd miss a chance to get your money!!!:23:

Off subject but can someone please tell me how to quickly find the posts "Threads" that you created.

click the quick links button on the tool bar right underneath you mood. Then go down to "my profile" and left click that. When your profile comes up underneath you avatar theres a link for finding all posts created for whoever's profile your looking at. So if you in your profile it will find all your posts. :rider

or I guess you can just click your name above your avatar and that brings up some options too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back