free website stats program sceaming eagle info | Harley Davidson Forums

sceaming eagle info

luther johnson

i just recently purchased a 2000 harley davidson fxds lowrider convertible.
and the other day it started puking oil out of air breather and blowing the oil fill cap off. so right away i knew i had a blow by problem. so first i check the unbrela valves i changed them out and it was still doing it. so next i tore the top end off and found out it had screaming eagle pistons in it. and when i pulled the jugs off i found out that both pistons were broke in between the rings luckily didn't scare up the cylinder walls but when i was looking the jugs over i noticed that the bottom of the jug had a o-ring instead of a paper base gasket. my ? is can i use the regular gasket kit or do i have to order the gasket kit from Harley for the screaming eagle kit the regular kit has a paper base gasket and the harley kit has o-rings

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here! I can't help much on your issue; however, we have some very knowledgeable folks here that can steer you in the right direction. ;)

Welcome to the forum from Scotland
I would get the correct gasket kit for the kit that is fitted the paper gasket may not give the correct clearance for the screaming eagle kit

Brian

The OP will need to check the piston PN or measure the bore diameter but a six pack says the top end is a 95" BB kit with SE203 cams. The cylinders should be bored .010" OS and fitted with .010" pistons. The seal between cylinder and case is an o-ring with small o-rings and the cylinder dowels. Use a .030" MLS head gasket from Cyco/US seal; same as Cometic but half the price. No small o-ring at between the head and cylinder with the .030" head gasket.

Back