free website stats program Scavenger Oil change | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Scavenger Oil change

i've used the tfe paste for 3 years on my '09 t/g. the plug will come out ok
just use same torque as the oil drain plug, ie just snug then another 1/16 of a turn. don't go hog tight on it. as the plug has tapered threads.

The tapered plug deal is don't use RED Loctite unless you want stuck plug issue. Do not overtorque that tapered plug...you will enlarge the hole/threads and strip out the works (the plug may also sink into the housing and contact internals).

I would go with Harley38's find or use Brownfoxx1 1/16 turn approach if you do not have torque wrench (this is the same way for tapered thread plugs going into soft casting...old school stuff).

After going through another end-of-season oil change yesterday - seriously thinking this system would be a nice change w/changes...

i've used the tfe paste for 3 years on my '09 t/g. the plug will come out ok
just use same torque as the oil drain plug, ie just snug then another 1/16 of a turn. don't go hog tight on it. as the plug has tapered threads.

Now that is Good advice; and works, the PROOF; he is on his 3rd year..:newsmile011:

Thanks brownfoxx1

signed....BUBBIE

Back