free website stats program Scary/Wild Ride last Night | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Scary/Wild Ride last Night

Way to keep you cool in a tense situation & handled it better than a road course racer. Definitely a time for road debris everywhere - I had to fix a flat on my pickup yesterday & guess what was stuck in in - a metal screw! At least my blow-out was in the safety of my garage (found while going to work) so I didn't have the same excitement as your ride. Glad you were unscathed.

Congratulations on a job well done, glad you came out ok, the scoot (wheel) can be replaced, you can't. Hope when and if that happens to my my old self will be as cool under pressure.

Great job of keeping it all in one piece, yourself included. I'd hope it didn't damage the bike too much since you're okay ;-)

01dynaglide, thanks for posting your experience. I'm glad you didn't have to spend any time recuperating before you posted. :s I've read your story a bunch of times & how you handled the situation, I can only hope I can remember what to do if I am ever in a similar situation. I hope I can keep my cool if I'm ever in that situation. :s

Certainly can't practice that one. Great job. Happened to me in HS on my 125 Honda. Good thing I was alone on the road. The bike went all over the place and about all I could do was hang on. Scared the bejeebers outta me. It's good to be lucky!
WAP.gif

Back