free website stats program Satellite Radio | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Satellite Radio

I have an audiovox unit, a cheap one, and a mount that goes on the brake reserve, I hard wired it into the bike, the whole setup was under 100 bucks, I have a gps if/when that dies I will look into a zumo.

(ziplock bags with rubberbands make them both waterproof)

isnt the "lifetime" Xm membership tied to the specific receiver with perhaps one change allowance? I thought that was what I heard. Monthly fees vary on the deal you strike. I know I pay about $16 a month in an annual payment for the radio in my truck. There very well may be much better deals out there. I wish they would offer a "family" or "personal fleet" rate so you could use Xm in whatever receiver was in the vehicle you were using at the time. I dont want to 1. carry around my antenna/receiver and 2. depend on just that one unit in case of damage/theft....

my mistake. I just checked my bill and it is about 13 a month billed annually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a ziplock bag over my Sirius radio when it rains. I have the radio going into a mixer that also has the output for my GPS. All this gets piped into m audio auxiliary connector. This way I do not have to worry about an unused radio station for the FM transmitter.

P1170355_800_600.jpg

I looked into the lifetime subscription it was $480.00 I think you were allowed up to 3 radio changes and yes the subscription goes to the specified radio whichever model you choose, If your going to stay with satellite radio for a couple of years probaly at least 3 or 4 then its worth getting the lifetime my problem and Im curious if anyone else has had this problem I have an 02 Road King and the radio is mounted on the handlebars via the ram mounting system now in the last 5 years Ive had 2 radios go bad and im on my third one, what happens is its unable to get a signal and the aquirring signal message flashes on and off intermittently until eventually I just cant receive a broadcast, I have 3 docking units one in my car, house and bike so I can move the radio to listen to it at different locations when im not on the bike. I have bought new docks from amazon .com and that did not solve the problem so the problem was in the radios, I think because how much the bikes shake at idle it rattles the inside works of these radios, so on my last radio I bought the cheapest model for $59.00 and hope to get 2 years out of it and I velcro strap it around the radio tight to the docking unit on the bike hopefully this solves the problem, also im on a monthly subscription plan and I got my cheapest price for a 7 month plan when I called up and told them I wanted to cancel I understand a lot of people have done this so I dont know if they will still offer a special promotion if you do this, until these radios stop breaking on me I cant go for a lifetime plan if they have a limit on how many radios they will allow to a plan.

I have the Pioneer Personal XM radio mounted in the Right Glove box on my RG. I think I pay 12 or 13 bucks a month for the service. The only real issues I have are: 1) Ya can't change the station unless ya pull the unit out of the glove box, If ya mounted it outside on the dash you could use the remote for this. 2) The stations still fade in the forests and the mountains, reception on the smaller units is a problem. 3) I had a Rode'y and it kept breakin, I don't think the less expencive ones'll take the Vibration from a Harley.
HD has a modual that will give you satilite radio in the new HK but it runs about $500 and I think you gotta take the bike in ta get it installed so it's probobly more $'s. Tell us what ya come up with and Good Luck!

one thing I forgot to add about my setup, I put a small bungie around it NOW, I had a perfectly good roady xt smash all over the highway somewhere in Indiana:D

I put a ziplock bag over my Sirius radio when it rains. I have the radio going into a mixer that also has the output for my GPS. All this gets piped into m audio auxiliary connector. This way I do not have to worry about an unused radio station for the FM transmitter.

P1170355_800_600.jpg

nice set up. what is that knob on your dash between the speedo/tach?

Taking some long trips on my 2009 ultra and needs some suggestions on what to buy. Only plan on listening to music. Please help with mounts etc.
Thanks

I have a Sirius reciever in my truck and I swap it over to the bike when I am taking a long trip . You can go to the sirius web site and find the link or you can do a search for TST products , TST handles all the mounts for Sirius Radio . I got the handle bar mount , antenna with mount , power and audio cord and water proof cover . For each receiver you have you have a subscription for it , so using just 1 receiver saves you $$ . I would also recommend a I-pod or something like that , I use a Sanza MP3 player that has a 2 gig memory and I can put in a chip and add another 2 gigs of memory , right now I have 526 songs on the Sanza and still have room for more . All you need is the Sanza a audio cord and a 12volt adapter to recharge the Sanza on the bike ( it just plugs into the cig lighter ) then you can download your favorite music from your computer to the Sanza and you are all set , I use the Sanza a lot more then the Sirius but I like to have the option of using both .

Anyone have any exxperience with the XM that H-D sells for around $500, which is plug and play with the stock radio on a 2010 Ultra?

Back