free website stats program San Marcos, Texas to Redding, Calif. | Harley Davidson Forums

San Marcos, Texas to Redding, Calif.

formike56

Will be leaving 8/23/08 to Colorado Springs. Then to Grand Junction, to Reno Nv., To Redding. WIll be going to the Trinity National forest for a week Then return to Central Texas. I hope to make a detour thru Moab Ut. & four corners Up thru Durango & Silverton Co. Hope to Get plenty of Pictures. Will try to post as I go. Can't wait..... Getting a little anxious before I go.:bigsmiley12::42:

Back in town 9/07/08 4:00 A.M. After 5700 miles and 2 weeks on the bike. It was a good trip with no mechnical problems. Averaged 45 to 60 mpg. Went thru the Utah & Nevade deserts. Temps. were around 84 degrees. Saw a lot of the country. You don't realize what you take for granted. Got to ride over the Continential Divide at Monarch Pass & Wilkerson Pass Colorado. That was the only time I hit bad weather. I'm glad I took the slicker with me. Best part of the ride was Moab Utah, Eureka Ca., Truckee Ca., Million Dollar Highway Between Durango Co. & Montrose Co. Will post a few pics later this week when time is available.

Back