free website stats program Sale or Trade? | Harley Davidson Forums

Sale or Trade?

rkf09fxdb

Ok, help me out here. I'm thinking of trying to sale or trade in my '09 Street Bob. Has low miles and a lot of acessories. (look at my signature). Do you guys think that it's better to trade or sale? I know if I sale it I could get more $, but if I trade it I could get a better deal from my dealer. Thinking of moving to a Street Glide so the wife and I are more comfortable. I don't want a full dresser yet.

Check out the price the dealer will give you and also include the sales tax break when you trade as opposed to selling. Consider both ways and see what it tells you. If you trade, they rarely give you more than wholesale book price even with the extras. I would remove most of the add on's and then go to the dealer if you decide to trade it in.

I agree w/ Glider. Remove all the add on's then trade if you want to. If you can't use the add on's on the new bike , you can allways sell them.

Trade = lower price but much less hassle

Sell yourself = higher price but lots of headaches. You have to decide if you're willing to field phone calls 24/7, how test rides and payment will be handled, etc.

BTW, why don't you consider a Street Glide to be a full dresser? Same frame and motor, about the same weight, full fairing. All it's missing is the tour pack and lowers. If you're considering an Ultra at any point in the future, save yourself a lot of $$$ and get one now. Don't look at a Street Glide as an "in between" bike.

Thanks guys. I forgot I could save on taxes! I will take off all my add ons also. The reason I would go with a Street glide is that I really like the looks and I just don't need the tour pack, but if I find an Ultra I like ya never know!

I'm not selling or trading. As soon as I pay this one off I'm going to buy an Road Glide Ultra! Set the Fat Bob up as a solo. Then the dilemma will be to take the wife or not? :D

I'm not selling or trading. As soon as I pay this one off I'm going to buy an Road Glide Ultra! Set the Fat Bob up as a solo. Then the dilemma will be to take the wife or not? :D

That is my plan also! Pay off my 2010 FXDC & buy a new Street Glide!....:s

Thanks guys. I forgot I could save on taxes! I will take off all my add ons also. The reason I would go with a Street glide is that I really like the looks and I just don't need the tour pack, but if I find an Ultra I like ya never know!

You can do like I did. I also liked the looks of the SG over any other touring bike. For about $1100, you can add an actual HD, color matched, detachable tour pack with luggage rack. But once you get used to the convenience of the tour pack, it hardly ever comes off!

Trade = lower price but much less hassle

Sell yourself = higher price but lots of headaches. You have to decide if you're willing to field phone calls 24/7, how test rides and payment will be handled, etc.

BTW, why don't you consider a Street Glide to be a full dresser? Same frame and motor, about the same weight, full fairing. All it's missing is the tour pack and lowers. If you're considering an Ultra at any point in the future, save yourself a lot of $$$ and get one now. Don't look at a Street Glide as an "in between" bike.
plus the Ultra has a little more ground clearence for leaning...:s

Back