free website stats program Saggy Bags | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Saggy Bags

Well, still re-conditioning the left saddlebag with the HD leather conditioner. As it still seems so rigid, I have applied some cleaning hidratant cream inside. Patience. I am going to wait one day, repeat the application tomorrow if I note the same hard status. And try again to place the inserts os Saturday. Last option: to moisten it with warm water just to gain some flexibility.
WAP.gif

It is a task to get them all worked in under the seams but once its there its not coming out. Resist the temptation to trim the linners. You have to growl and talk to it a bit. Enjoy it's all about the journey. :D

Finally I did it. As Charlies Harley says "lots of conditioner". Well, I must admit I have to sand just a bit the edge of the left saddlebag rear insert, but if fitted great. It is curious because this is the saddlebag not over the exhaust pipe in my bike, but after keeping a half-beanie helmet for years, it has got so deformated … But the final result is really impressive. Good product, also serves a pateince-tester ;-)

I have an 08 Heritage...Are my bags gonna sag or did they improve them by 08?
Answer is NO. They will sag, that is the classic old school look. If you like that look, use lots of mink oil and enjoy the ride for a couple of years. Otherwise man up. :D

One of my Got Saggy Bags lid liners is coming unglued. Have any of you guys used two part epoxy for touch up? Or is the glue they ship with the kit somehow a special glue that I should buy?

One of my Got Saggy Bags lid liners is coming unglued. Have any of you guys used two part epoxy for touch up? Or is the glue they ship with the kit somehow a special glue that I should buy?

I ran out of the glue that came with the kit. I used Gorrilla glue to finnish, so far 3 years no proble'mo.

I will chime in here with my experience.

My bags weren't really that bad but I decided to get the "GotSaggyBag" kit to prevent them from getting bad.

I called the company directly and spoke to one of the principals there. She gave me great advice and I'll share it with everyone.

She told me to get a paint brush and paint the leather conditioner on the bags and be liberal with the stuff. Do this several days before using the kit. This will make the leather very pliable and soft allowing the parts from the kit to fit properly. She also told me NOT to cut or trim any parts.

I took her advise and it certainly helped with installing the kit. I still had to work at it but the leather was very forgiving when I had to force the pieces into position. Follow these instructions and you'll be successful with the install and satisfied with the results. I am!

My opinion...the kit isn't cheap but it does what it is designed to do; get the bags back into shape and hopefully stay that way. Time will tell.

Back