free website stats program Saddlebags leather problem FLHRC | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebags leather problem FLHRC

wishbiker

Hello everybody,

My small problem, it's because after a big rain, approximately 3 weeks ago, the leather above my saddlebags completely relaxed and to form waves.:bigsmiley30:

3-1dc97c4.jpg

2-1dc97bd.jpg

4-1dc97c7.jpg

I thus have to let dry my leather by mixing him a little to try to make him take back its shape but it does not have to work to restore his shape.

This weekend, it made beautiful and very warm after road trip in the sun the leather was stretched out.

Only this morning, it was as on pics

I always maintained it with adequate products and regularly.

If you have an idea

Thanks a lot.:s

Your problem is a common one. Usually when you sit the bag out in the sun they will return to their original shape. The problem happens because the leather is not glued underneath, only fastened around the edges.

I've had good luck using Lexol and sitting the bags out in the sun after it is applied. It will usually return to the original shape. Mine were somewhat like yours but returned to the way they should look.

tn240s3.jpg

TSC should also have it... I may have to get some Lexol myself.....Ive been useing 2 products with good results ....I been useing saddle soap and a product called Doc Baileys........Doc Baileys can be got at most places you buy leather goods Jackets, chaps...etc.But its great stuff not only does it condition the leather but it also has black dye in it so your bags look like new after useing it....A friend of mine has a 200? RKC and his bags looked like crap all faded and scratched up well we did the saddle soap to clean and condition and Doc baileys and they turned ou great......But I still think they'd look better if he would have maintained them all along....But this Lexol looks alot easyer than saddle soaping them.....My bags looked all wavy like that to this spring but since the weather is all warmed up now they look fine

Thank you very much Glider:s. I am going to try to find of the lexol but in France will be more difficult...:newsmile105:

I tried the lexol product and a reserved balance sheet emerges from it. it makes clean the surface of the leather and re-tautens it a little. But decently to hydrate the leather then my leather became again relaxed.:(

Back