free website stats program Saddlebag Lid Spoiler Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebag Lid Spoiler Kit

ScreamR

Has anyone installed the Harley Saddlebag Lid Spoiler Kit?
LINK: Part# 58606-XX

If so, was there any drilling required or do these simply sticky tape to the saddlebag lids? Does anyone have PDF instructions they could post?

I don't..... But they don't look like they would be too hard to install. I bet you'll have to drill the lids. Plus an additional hole in the bag somewhere to get the wiring connected. So I doubt they're stick-ons.

But, for $174.00, primed, plus the cost to have them painted, I won't be buying a set anytime soon.

Has anyone installed the Harley Saddlebag Lid Spoiler Kit?
LINK: Part# 58606-XX

If so, was there any drilling required or do these simply sticky tape to the saddlebag lids? Does anyone have PDF instructions they could post?

Got a pair on my '09 Road king. There are 6 LED lights in each, and work as tail and stop lights. Yes, the lid has to be drilled, as does the bag itself for the wire to run thru. There are two mount holes for each spoiler and one for the wire. (total 4 holes for each)
If you need me to, I can look and see if I still have the install sheet and email them to you. :cheers

That would be great. PM me if you locate the instructions. It sounds like just enough of a job that I want the dealership to do it. My luck, I would flaw the paint while drilling. Is there a quick disconnect wire for when you remove the bags?

Here are the instructions for anyone else who may need them. Thanks again, to 9FLHR.

Attachments

• Saddlebag Lid Spoiler Kit Instructions.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
I put a set on my RG. Not difficult at all. The directions are easy to follow. Just use masking tape across the area to be drilled. Start w/ a pilot hole and go from there. Yes there is a quick disconnect so that you can remove the bag easily.

Back