free website stats program Saddlebag guard without rails | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebag guard without rails

fabrozor

Hello,

I bought a saddlebag guard rail kit #91216-97

Maybe i felt few times. And i think the metal changed his curved shapes because on the right side the rails are not parallels with the saddlebag lower part + my EMC rear shock spring eat the saddlebag inner part on the left side.

Well, i wonder if it is possible to buy new saddlebag guards only (with holes) for this kit, but without the rails (i already have) so i can save money.

Have you seen something like that somewhere ?

On the installation sheet, it should list each part number and you may be possible to order just whatever parts you need/want.
Good luck.

Fabrozor; Yes, you can buy the front saddlebag guard only. There are several different ones, no hole, 1 hole and 2 hole, left and right. Before you spend the money, try loosening every bolt in the assembly and see if you can get it back in align. I had a accident, and my bottom bag support rail bent a little, causing everything to be out of alignment. A little work with a hammer, and I got it back straight.

@gusotto : thanks for the idea/info, i found it there http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J00687.pdf
@Breeze3at : lol, it would break my heart to hit my bike with a hammer. More serioulsly i don't feel i can realign everything without scratching or breaking something. Thanks anyway.

lol i took a look at the prices.
They sell each front guard 149$ while the complete kit is 309$.
Despair ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back