free website stats program Saddlebag brackets and exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebag brackets and exhaust

Classywitch

I am trying to find out if the hard bag brackets off of a 2013 Fat Boy will fit a 2002 Heritage Softail. I have an offer to exchange the hard bags off of the Fat Boy for my Heritage soft bags. He will give me the brackets with the bags and I will give him everything from mine. Just trying to find out if I will need to buy new brackets or not. I have been told it will work without buying anything. Also I have Vance and Hines long shot exhaust, will that work or will have I have to buy new exhaust? I have been told it will work also. I will probably have to do the put on of the bags myself so want to make sure I have everything I need.

I'm not sure if it will swap out or not, but why would you want to??? The Heritage bags gives the bike character and the nostalgic look it was designed for. I love the look of the Heritage and the bags. Thats why I bought one several years ago. Have since traded her for my Ultra, but still miss her. She was the prettiest bike ever. Of course this is jmho.
Btw, I put the hard plastic inserts in the bags on the Heritage and they kept their shape even when empty. No more saggy bags. They were almost like hard bags but leather. :D

Got to agree with glazier about the look of the Heritage with leather bags, I love my '94 FLSTC. I'm not sure but I think there was a frame change between the '02 and '13 models. Harley dealer should be able to answer the question.

Touring frame changed in the '09 model year but I don't believe the softail frame has changed. Pretty simple solution, if the OP and the other party live close enough together, spend a Saturday morning swapping out brackets and bags to see if everything fits. Another check would be to go to Ronnies Parts Finder and check some part numbers for commonality.

Back