free website stats program saddle bag guard bars for 04 flhtcse | Harley Davidson Forums

saddle bag guard bars for 04 flhtcse

hoghvn

I am the second owner of a 2004 flhtcse. The bike did not come with rear saddle bag guard bars.I am trying to find out if the HD p/n 49291-07 rear saddle bag guard kit will fit my bike. I have an older copy of the HD accessories catalog and it says that the kit will fit the 2005 flhtcse. I called HD and couldn't get an answer other than exactly what the description in the accessory catalog says. What is different about the pre '05 cvo electra glides that wont allow this kit to fit my bike? I talked to the local HD shop and returning this kit, if it doesn't fit sound like it isn't possible if I open it up and check the fitting. If HD doesn't make guard bars for this bike, why didn't they?

My experience is the parts guys at my local dealer have next to no experience with what I ask them.
There was a frame change in 09.
Anything that I bought for my 03 RKC fit on my 08 Limited.
I would walk past the parts department and see the service writer and ask him to check with the techs for the right answer .

2014 Parts and Accessories catalog shows PN 91216-97 Twin Rail Chrome Saddlebag Guard Kit which includes rear saddle bag guards, side rails, mounting hardware and instructions. Fitment includes '09-'13 FLHT, FLHR, FLHTCUSE/2/3 and '98-'08 FLTR models which require separate purchase of saddlebag supports, 2 nuts and 2 screws, all with separate P/Ns.

Back