free website stats program saddle bag crash bar removal | Harley Davidson Forums

saddle bag crash bar removal

ridenaking

Hi all new here, Have an 08 flhrc and want to remove the saddle bag crash bars.... I would think that saddle bag bars for the road king standard or street glide would work but the guys at our hd parts said no...any one know for sure::newsmile030:

you want to remove the bars in front of the saddlebags? most stuff is different for the RKC since it has leather bags

The bars from the street glide should work. They have a different support for the front of the lower bar when the crash bar is eliminated that you have now.

Yes, I do want to remove the bars from on front of the saddle bags...(1) theyhit the back of my wifes legs...gotta keep her happy you know! and (2) I like the clean look of the bike with out them. Also I appreciate all who responded th this...being a first timer and all did not know what to expect...again thanx much...just orderd a set of bars for street glide should be just right::)

Have a 2009 Ultra and my wife had the same problem. All for keeping her happy, if she's not happy, nobodys happy. Resolved the problem by raising the passenger floorboards up to the last hole. She's happy now. If your running floorboards give it a try. Cheers

Have a look at the Parts & Accessories book on the H-D website or dealership.
I am sure they do a kit for removing this large crash bar. If you have solid bags that is. There is a support bar underneath the lauggage that connects to the crash bar, the kit enables you to keep the support bar and attach it to the new minimal kit.
:)

Look at the" Profile " Bag guards as they may be what you want, my OL has these clydesdale type calves and these bars eleminate the discomfort on legs and also keep the functionality of the guards should your bike tip over pretecting a very, very very expensive bag repair,,,vs....your bars...:)

The bars from the street glide should work. They have a different support for the front of the lower bar when the crash bar is eliminated that you have now.

This will work, I did the same on my '02 FLHT. If you get the black saddle bag suppport bar, you can't really see it. The bags look like they just hang from the bike; looks nice and clean.

Hi there. I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason. Wife complained that crash bars rubbed on the backs of her legs. I raised the footboards to hightest setting. Added a back rest cause I tended to push her off the back of seat (thereby causing her legs to touch) and lastly but most importantly, I removed the bars and installed the Streetglide saddlebag mount (its chrome) and its also holds up the pipes. So far she loves it. So do I cause I like the cleaner look too.:D

Back