free website stats program S&S Filters and BelRay Dino Oil | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

S&S Filters and BelRay Dino Oil

Now you guys have me re-thinking this. So Bel Ray IS good stuff, huh? I'm just scratching my head as to why I can't find much info about the 20w 50 mineral oil. All kinds of good posts about the gear lube, etc. but not much at all about the engine oil, other than advertisements. I know the company has been around a long time. I've been riding since the '60's, so I've heard of Bel Ray since way back then, but it was mostly for our two stroke MX bikes. Been searching to see if it has a group III rating. Anybody know?

Bel Ray is SG/ Sl/ and SN
My friends in MN use it as per Kokesh Motorcycle, builders od award winning bikes in Easyriders Magazine
I have Belray in my tranny now, it is 12.00 a quart and red in color Redline is Pink, not available here I have to order it 19.00 plus shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I went with Mobil 1 V-Twin, took my own oil in, but let him supply the S&S filter since everything I read about them said they were great filters. My wife got the 3 qts. of oil from Meijers (local chain store) for $24 because she has a Meijer credit card with "perks". Don't ask me to explain that, she's the coupon queen. So the whole oil change cost me less than $25, and the dealer did the 5,000 mile service for free, and threw in the t-shirt, too. I've bought three bikes from him, so I guess he's trying to keep me happy.

Back