free website stats program S & S Easy Start Cams | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

S & S Easy Start Cams

One person a while back, asking a question about "his bike would not get off the line unless slipping the clutch to get it going... Asking WHY?

Finding He Had JUST installed these types of cams.

the only thing I thought it would have been at the time, was the cams not allowing the Bump on the back of the cams to lower to the normal setting at his RPM Idle range he needed, so the compression release would not go OFF. early enough to get his bike going..

Food for thought as I have no Axe to grind / Nor the Need for the easy spins if not on a BIG engine.... Just more that could go wrong..

Hobbit answered a PM to me saying about the same thing,,,, Use only IF on a high compression Big motor..

As Smitty901 says "Your ride You decide" I think it is a Right Quote this time.

signed....BUBBIE

I think IF and this is a big IF, you had a problem your bike wouldn't run. You wouldn't have to worry about off the line, cause you wouldn't have any compression. It wouldn't run. So I believe this to be MISINFORMATION.

I don't see any misinformation and None was Intended.

I would not put that type of cam in my bike... I don't see a long enough track record and only heard about them on this thread.

I re-read my post and in No Way do i try to misinform ANY of the HDT membership! I try to Help not Hinder.. Please RE read my post...

Like said "it's your ride you decide"

signed....BUBBIE

I don't see any misinformation and None was Intended.

I would not put that type of cam in my bike... I don't see a long enough track record and only heard about them on this thread.

I re-read my post and in No Way do i try to misinform ANY of the HDT membership! I try to Help not Hinder.. Please RE read my post...

Like said "it's your ride you decide"

signed....BUBBIE

ok not misinformation, more like a pessimistic view point.. LOL!! have a beer on me!:newsmile100::newsmile100::newsmile100:

The compression release feature has been used on the imports for quite some time, as it has also been in service on the V-Rods as well.:)
Scott

Why bother using compression release cams if you running lower then 10:1 compression.
Well I have gone through four starter clutches in 20,000 miles on a stage 1 carburated TC88 with a 95" big bore kit. This is primarily due to it's hard starting characteristics after sitting idle due to sporadic usage. Too many bikes and so little time. :( Otherwise is runs beautifully and starts just fine if it hasn't been sitting in the garage for a month or two.

I am currently looking at either Easy Start cams or having manual compression releases installed in the heads.

Back