free website stats program Rush Slip ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush Slip ons

My Road King came with the Rush Slip on's with slash up cuts. Look and sound great. Since I did not purchase them, does anyone have an easy way of knowing what size baffle is in them?

Just stick a ruler or yard stick into the end of the muffler. I was lucky and have a ruler that is 1 1/2" wide, it just wiggles into the baffle. If you don't have something that is the exact size, use a flashlight, and estimate how much wider the baffle is that what you are using.

go to [link removed] and they have the sound of every baffle on all diff. bikes thats how i made my decision

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 2" too. (They are recommended for a true dual header pipe setup.)

Not too loud and sound great.

I struggled with putting on Rusj 1 3/4 or 2" on my 09 Heritage. I decided on the 2" and could not be happier. Has a nice deep tone to them. Sounds like a Harley instead of a sewing machine. Have had no complaints from neighbors. Wife does not complain at all when riding and as the old saying goes if momma not happy no one is.:D

Boy, I must be getting old, the Rushes were to loud for me, had the 1 3/4" baffels, then I changed to Cycle Shacks, put about 500 miles on them, still to loud, now their off, now Ive got Khrome Werks touring mufflers, just a tad louder than the SE-2s and yes I tried those too.... Boy, this is an expensive hobby....

Hey, Bald Too!
Any way, check this post, there's a list and pictures of an 09SG with Rush baloney cuts on it. http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/8618-2009_street_glide_mods_completed_rtr.html
I went with the 2" and couldn't be happier.
Here's a little info from Rush themselves"
Les, Our 15 series mufflers (15302 slash up and 15304 baloney cut) will fit your 2009 Street Glide although a 2.50” baffle would not be suggested, they are not compatible with a fuel injected motorcycle. The best choice for performance and sound would be 1.75” or 2.00” both create considerable more volume and tone in comparison to a stock muffler. Noticeable performance gains will require fuel management​
They're a great price and sound better (to me) than lots of much more expensive products that guys I ride with have. It's funny, a guy spends WHO KNOWS how much on true duals and they still don't have that sweet tone... The Rush mufflers, an aircleaner and a stage 1 or tuner or whatever and you really get some "jump" for the money.
Just me $.02.
Bone

Back