free website stats program Rush 2" baffles on my 2011 Ultra Classic Limited | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush 2" baffles on my 2011 Ultra Classic Limited

I am now just beyond 2 months of ownership on my Limited, and right at 2000 miles. For the most part, I love this cycle. This weekend, my wife and I put on around 400 miles, mostly highway miles around 65-70 mph. Today, I noticed that the right side slip-on is beginning to turn yellow up front. First off, that makes me less than happy. I love chrome- not yellowed or blued chrome. What can I use to remove the coloring without damaging my mufflers? Also, yesterday, the bike smelled "hot" when we got home. I checked oil this morning and it is right up where it should be. I then took a run down to my dealer, as they were open today. I didn't notice the yellowing until I got home today- point of clarification. What causes this? Do others have that "hot" smell when you get done riding? I don't want to damage the bike, and I have never smelled a hot motor on my cycles before this. The bike sounds the same, except the Rush 2" seem to be getting louder than I wanted them to be. That springs another question-can I put the 1.75" in these to quiet it down? If I can, do I need a remap of my computer? Frustration reigns right now. I want my Harley to be louder than stock, but I want chrome mufflers that don't make my ears hum after riding for a day.
Any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately just in front of your right side muffler is a catalytic converter which gets very hot. Many owners of 2010/2011 touring bike owners have replaced their headpipes because of the catalytic converters and the heat issue. In regards to replacing the baffles; if you replace the internal baffle with a smaller one-it will be quieter.
I put a 2 into 1 pipe on my 2010 limited and I am very happy with it, but a lot of people don't care for the look of missing 1 of the 2 mufflers.
If you get rid of the cat in the headpipe, your passenger will notice a difference in heat for their right foot, but no one can guarantee that you will not have discoloring issues with replacement exhaust components.

Back